Jojoba Oil Myths and Facts
When you find a new product that is meant to give hair and skin benefits, there are going to be a fair amount of myths that surround this as well. Jojoba oil is one of those oils that has a lot of myths and facts that surround it, making it harder for people to make a truly informed decision about using this oil for their needs.
The Myths of Jojoba OilThere are several myths out there about jojoba oil that is making it harder for people to realize just how benefits this can be to your skin and hair. Some of the more common myths are listed below:
- If you use jojoba oil on oily hair, you are going to have oily hair for weeks on end! This is totally a myth. If you already have oily hair, jojoba oil can still benefit the hair. While your natural hair may be oily, is it the right kind of oil? Jojoba oil is still going to offer some great benefits to your hair.
- If your skin is oily, using jojoba oil is going to increase your acne breakouts! This is one myth that scares many people. After all, if you are dealing with acne do you really want to increase the chances of increasing this acne? No, of course not! However, acne is often seen when the oil in the skin is infecting the pores. If you add hydration to the skin, you are going to find that the natural production is going to be limited, which results in less acne. Jojoba oil can add this moisturize that you need.
- Jojoba oil causes hair loss! This is one of the myths that surprises many people, especially those who are currently using jojoba oil for their hair. The key is that this is a myth...hair loss is not going to happen due to jojoba oil. In reality, this myth probably started when someone who wanted to stop hair loss found no results, and thus blamed the oil for their hair loss when it could have been simple hereditary that caused this to happen.
The Facts about Jojoba OilFor those who are researching jojoba oil, while there are a few myths that are entirely untrue, you will find that the facts about jojoba oil is enough to make you go out and buy this oil today to add to your skincare and/or hair care routine. These facts are:
- It is a great moisturizer...even for people who are suffering with skin conditions like psoriasis.
- It has antibiotic properties that are great for stopping acne from happening.
- It is a great hair conditioner, even for those with oily hair, as it helps to find the perfect balance in your hair, and can even add some shine to this to make your hair look healthier!
- It can help with relieving the pain and peeling of skin from a sunburn.
- It can be used as a way to remove makeup from the skin.